Mesotherapy is a technique of aesthetic medicine that consists of making small punctures in the desired area with biocompatible materials. It is not a procedure to lose weight, but only to remove fat from some areas where it is localized and has not been possible to eliminate with exercise or diet.
Mesotherapy works through a simple applicator with very fine needles that perform mini infiltrations around the area where the fat is concentrated. The substances infiltrated have a solvent effect on the fat, which causes it to decrease.
- You will feel a considerable improvement in the quality of your skin, making it firmer and smoother.
- The patient achieves a smooth and luminous skin.
- You can apply the medicine microinjections in many places of the body, from buttocks, hips, thighs, to more delicate areas such as neck, eyelids or general face.
- It significantly reduces cellulite and delays its appearance.
- It is a quick and painless procedure with no need for anesthesia. It does not take time to leave work nor is it an impediment or inconvenience to continue your daily life.
- Mesotherapy naturally eliminates the toxins from your body and reduces fluid retention and it also promotes the skin rejuvenation.
- The results are visible in many cases from the first session, being necessary two or three in the majority of people.
- It does not require anesthesia as it is painless.
Expected Results and Risks
The results begin to be noticed after 2 or 3 weeks. Bruising or redness may occur after treatment.
It can be performed on whole body as well as face. After disinfecting the area to be treated, the mesotherapy specialist injects a combination of substances according to the condition, manually by means of a syringe or through devices of assisted injection. This combination of substances can be formed by the mixture of lymphatic, sympatholytic, antibiotic, homeopathic or vasoactive substances. For the results to be satisfactory, the patient will need between 7 and 12 sessions.
Care after Treatment
- The patient should drink plenty of water to eliminate the toxins.
- Your health care provider will recommend that you avoid alcohol and tobacco.
- You should also avoid exposure to the sun.
- Mesotherapy is not indicated in cases of patients with allergies, skin diseases, coagulation or circulatory problems, cancer or infectious diseases. It is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women either.
- In general, mesotherapy does not carry risks or serious side effects, but like any medical procedure, you must always be informed of these details and the group of people who are not advisable to have mesotherapy.