Eating healthy is essential to enjoy a full life and decrease the risk of diseases. If this year, you have decided to change your habits and opt for a healthier meal, consider these foods to tailor your menu.
Breakfast Gives You Energy!
Breakfast has to provide the energy the body needs for the day. It is advisable to include foods with vitamin B and C to improve performance. In addition, you need to be healthy because medical studies point that skipping it may increase the risk of diseases.
Skipping breakfast can lead to one or more risk factors such as obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes, which in turn can lead to a heart attack. The following are the foods you need in your diet;
- Yogurt with yeast, bran or egg yolk for vitamins B and C
- Milk with cereals to provide calcium and phosphorus. Whole grains include vitamins B and E and minerals i.e. iron, potassium, magnesium, selenium and zinc, essential fatty acids and phytochemicals.
- Olive oil as a source of polyunsaturated fats that prevents cardiovascular disease and increases good cholesterol (HDL).
- Fruit to provide vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Honey sweetened foods as they are highly nutritious and energetic and can be combined with any food.
Eat Something in Mid-Morning & Mid-Afternoon
Eating something in mid-morning or during snack is a good way to not get hungry and avoid overdo main meals. Eating at these times prevents prolonged fasting and risk of hypoglycemia. If hypoglycemia reaches to extremes, it can cause confusion, sweating, tremors among other symptoms. You can include the following foods in snacks;
- A slice of bread in your include in your diet complex carbohydrates, fiber and vitamins.
- A snack of bread with cheese or turkey
- Nuts are calories but very beneficial for the body. If your overall diet is balanced, you don’t need to fear with nuts.
- Fruit will help you satiate hunger and avoid binge during meals.
- If you have taken milk in the morning, you can opt for yogurt, curd or cheese.
Food to Balance the Day
You must provide the nutrients that balance breakfast. It is important that it is not too heavy to avoid slow digestion and numbness.
- To increase satiety and weight loss, add half avocado in your meals.
- Vegetable is the most optimal source of vitamins and minerals that the body needs to boost the immune system.
- Pasta, cereals, rice, vegetables and bread contain complex carbohydrates that provide energy source and also contain vitamin B, essential for combating stress.
- Fish is the source of protein, essential amino acids and essential nutrients with multiple functions in the body such as repairing and producing new muscle cells.
Dinner for a Good Night Sleep
It has to be light to help you sleep better. This meal of the day can have an important responsibility in case of overweight or obese people since many people go haywire at dinner and choose menus dense and rich in fat and do not exercise to burn.
People who suffer from overweight issue should avoid or reduce foods rich in carbohydrates as they would provide an amount of energy that the body cannot burn and eventually become stored fat.